Friday, August 23, 2013

Dulux makes it big on social media

While browsing I witnessed one of the social media pages by a brand selling wall paints doing very well. Never thought a paint brand could have so many fans. To quote  numbers, they have around 7,00,000 fans and over 40k talking about the brand at any point.

Surprisingly, it is not the market leader leader Asian Paints but a challenger brand - 'Dulux'.
It very evident that the brand recognises the power of social media in influencing prospective customers and have designed their wall conversations in very friendly and easy to understand manner.

What I liked about these conversation is the fact the brand is not trying to hard sell its products but are indulging consumer in painting ideas, colours ( finally what is visible on walls) and further handholding them to make it a reality through their channel store called Dulux Decorator Center. Therefore it is not just a manufacturers speak but a well researched content supporting customer need.
The other thing that I liked is that all posts are either inspiring images or videos with consistent Dulux branding (subtle). It is a know fact that multimedia get instant eyeballs. No wonder they have reached 7L fans in no time.
Lastly, I think their response time to queries/complaints on walls is simply amazing.  I saw  the brand addressing it nicely in quickest possible time.

Certainly a case study for lot of brands. Have a look and share your thoughts  - www.facebook.com/Dulux.IN


Stay tuned for more case studies

1 comment:

  1. It is elevating to see that such brands are social conscious now. And I think so it is all the more logical when the whole world is socially connected than physically. I would say a nice initiative taken by these brands however, strategic thinking is required to amplify their campaign and beat the competition.

    ReplyDelete