Thursday, December 2, 2010

How google contextual (Google Adwords) advertising can be beaten

I am big movie buff...Today while browing a website to check bollywood movie releases scheduled for 2011, I landed on a site called www.top10bollywood.com. While the information there was fruitful, I noticed a strange thing i.e. how some smart people are taking google contextual advertising for a ride.

Let's have a look.




Check the bottom ad, it reads as "download full movie" followed by "Interest Rates, EMI & Eligibility. Get offers from 9 banks Apnaloan.com/Home-Loans"

Today the viewers are smart and they realise this smartness of the advertiser and would ignore such ads. Also it leaves a negative image for the brand.






By doing this the advertiser has made sure:
1. His ads appears at contextually right places. People in need of loan would also be interest in movies.... I guess that is his thought... not sure though.
2. His message about the loan reaches more audience.

I do not support the above way of reaching desired audience as it clearly reflects the lack of understanding of the google adwords as a medium. One can still reach right audience with twisting arm like above. How?

very simple - just use the google placement tool to identify the website and ad placeholders where you may find right TA (targeted audience). In this way, you ads looks more meaningful and does not irritates the viewers.

I invite digital marketeers and google adwords experts here to contribute and let people know how to use adwordds more effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment